You’ve found your dream home, wrote your offer, and now it has been accepted. Now you just have to sit back til closing, right? Wrong!! You need to stay involved in the process to make sure your purchase stays on track. Here are a short list of “do’s and don’ts” to follow for a successful home buying experience:
“Do” the following to keep your closing on track…
- Do keep the process moving by responding to your loan officers’ requests for documentation as soon as possible.
- Do make decisions as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Do convey questions or concerns you have as they develop.
- Do continue to make all of your rent or mortgage payments on time.
- Do stay current on all other existing accounts.
- Do continue to work your normal work schedule with no unplanned time off.
- Do continue to use your credit as normal.
- Do be prepared to explain any large deposits in your bank accounts.
- Do enjoy purchasing your home but remain objective throughout the process to help make decisions that are best for you.
Don’t do any of the following after you have been preapproved for your mortgage…
- Do not make any major purchases (car, boat, jewelry, furniture, appliances, etc.).
- Do not apply for any new credit (even if it says you are preapproved or “xxx days same as cash”).
- Do not pay off charges or collections (unless directed by your loan officer to do so).
- Do not make any changes to your credit profile.
- Do not change bank accounts.
- Do not make unusual deposits into your bank accounts or move money around from one account to another.
Follow these simple rules and you will be on your way to a smooth and hassle-free closing! If you are looking for an excellent Colorado realtor to help you in your search, contact Leslie Oldham today!